Here’s hoping for a kickass new year to rinse the terrible taste of 2017 from our collective tongues. 2017 was a trash fire. We have a president who doesn’t care about the majority of the American people. We’re probably on the brink of some new crisis. Puerto Rico is still struggling with power issues from Hurricane Maria. Flint is still without clean water. There’s still going to be a wall that separates us from Mexico. But a few good things happened this past year for me personally that I want to focus on.
- I continue to have an outlet for my peculiar brand of geekery, thanks to the wonderful Fangrrls. I hope to focus more on this site in the coming year.
- The Wonder Woman movie came out and kicked so much ass
- I got to see so many of my favorite things live: Hamilton, Green Day, and MST3K. (Oh! And MST3K came back with a new cast and new riffs on Netflix.) This was a year to remember for live stuff for me. And I barely go do live events, so this year was extra-special
- I went on my very first camping adventure. Hopefully it won’t be my last.
- The Last Jedi gave us the Asian female character I needed to see in Star Wars
- A boba tea place opened 5 minutes away from my house and I’m happily addicted now
Some things I’m looking forward to in 2018:
- The adventures of the first female Doctor!
- Black Panther!
- Gallifrey One!
- Infinity War!
- A Wrinkle in Time!
- Ocean’s 8!
I realize that these are mostly movies, but eh. We have to look forward to things that excite us. Otherwise, what else is there? In the end, I wish for peace and hope for 2018.
And don’t let the bastards get you down.
Darkness rises, and light to meet it.
Be the spark.