A bit tired and oddly anxious today, despite the fact that nothing much happened today to make me anxious about. It’s, perhaps, the result of the general level of anxiety I’ve managed to create since the last presidential election, and then every single news story since that has come out of the White House, or has been connected to the White House in some capacity, has just proven my anxiety right and fueled it to even greater heights. I suppose I could sum up my day in a series of short bullet points.
- It’s strange to see the San Francisco 49ers win a game, although it was against the Giants. It was basically a race to the bottom to see who is the less sucky of two suck-worthy teams. Anyway the team is still pretty terrible.
- I’ve been slowly playing my way through Rise of the Tomb Raider, and have just finished up the Baba Yaga DLC. Now it’s time to do some clean-up (collecting the documents and relics to get to 100%) and then check out the other playing modes. I’ll have to look up which trophies are relatively easy to unlock so that I can do so. It’s not an easy game to platinum, but I’m curious to see how far I can go with my meager gaming skills. I pre-ordered the Horizon DLC as well, so that’s waiting for me once I finish up Tomb Raider. I still love this new take on Lara Croft and why she does what she does. It’s interesting how so many things in Rise of the Tomb Raider has to do with family, particularly fathers and daughters. It’s given my daddy issues a run for their money.
- I’m slowly expanding my junk food repertoire and have recently gotten into trying out the different flavors of Takis. My favorite so far is Nitro, which is habanero and lime. Spicy, salty, and sour are probably my favorite combination of flavors. And I love the oily crunch of the rolled tortilla chips. It cuts through the heat just enough to make me not want to stop eating. I’m rather addicted to Flamin’ Hot Cheetos (the black bag XXX variety), but now I think Takis might be pushing them off the number one spot of fave snacks.
- Also I’ve purchased a large box of Lindt chocolate truffles from Amazon, and I’m trying to pace myself with those. I’m sort of in a love/hate relationship with the exact middles of Lindt chocolates. I love how they melt in my mouth, but I sort of dislike how they have the exact same mouthfeel as a solid stick of butter for just a second or so. I’m not sure how else to explain it. It’s like biting into a stick of butter flavored like milk chocolate, I guess?
- Dirk Gently continues to entertain me like no other show. I love its characters. I love the randomness of it all. Though I’m still a little skeeved at Max Landis (showrunner & writer for the show) as a person and I fully expect some sort of shenanigans to be reported about him relatively soon. Hollywood’s in a telltale mood now, y’all. Let’s expose every single one of those fuckers.